Chilly-THE-snowmanChilly-THE-snowman

Main Movies Favorites Reviews Stats 1 Fan

Teaser: The Last of the Dashkin 2 Teaser: The Last of the Dashkin 2

Please don't take this the wrong way, but where are the principles of animation?
You've worked for Disney and have done such amazing work, but why is it that it feels like Bitey is just floating through the sky feeling stiff and motionless. Where's the secondary action, his arms should feel the wind. When Bitey lands there's no squash or stretch and the lighting nodes makes him look so flat. Is Bitey going to just be the puppet tool and node effects from now on?

chluaid responds:

I get what you're saying. No, Bitey won't be a cutout puppet in the future, but yes I've used some puppet segments for him here. The only reason is entirely because there's so much slow motion in this teaser. You seem to know a bit about animation so you probably know how difficult (and rare) slow motion is in hand drawn frame-by-frame 2D. And there's no way I'm animating 25 seconds of a character in slow motion by hand. If this was action at normal speed (like the Yuyu movie), it would be fbf all the way.

Hopefully you noticed Bitey's hair and the non slomo parts (when Bitey first runs in, and the witch's cloak) which are all meticulous fbf :P

Having said all that, I'm not the world's best character animator and even in my old Flash stuff I was using tweens and morphing wherever possible to speed things up -- an example here is Bitey's hair. It's about 15 different fbf "tufts" looping at different speeds and lengths. Looks a little bit cheaper, but it's much quicker and easier than animating all that semi-slomo hair on singles.

Manta Ray Chase Manta Ray Chase

Awesome

Aha I loved the little fish! Good Job!

Beowulf the cartoon Beowulf the cartoon

Defondly Awesome!

I loved every second of it and wow you did the story of beowulf perfectly!

RIP Jesper Lasse Larrson RIP Jesper Lasse Larrson

Fuu...

I remeber him being in Milano Crew.
R.I.P Lasse you will be missed!

Tooning it up in heaven.

Street Fighter Chode Street Fighter Chode

Awesome!

Love the story, animation is amazing as always.
yeah I just wish you would do one on SnowDrakes Ultimate Fan Flash's where she does a terrible animation with overrated music and get's top B/A.

-=Boom De Ah Dah Collab=- -=Boom De Ah Dah Collab=-

Outstanding.

The first two parts were amazing! It looked just like tankmen and the other one looked just like Bitey Excellent work guys!

sure their was a lot of dick jokes but the skill in the flash was amazing so anyone who comments this cartoon low for animation should probably get off learn a thing or two.

*Prayer* *Prayer*

Excellent!

I love the Song Prayer and seeing so many talented animators put this together is just fantastic.

Ive been reading some of the reviews and most people complained about the randomness, it seemed to me IceImp and Suppra addict and a few others seemed to be the only ones who did the cartoon with a Disturbed theme to it.

But other then that you have to admit the animation was very talented.

Ultimate Naruto Fanflash5 Ultimate Naruto Fanflash5

..... this is geting annoying

This cartoon is no good all it is is some weird mouth movements and barely any fbf. im sorry but this series is just boring and yes everyone knows that stupid naruto fan boys will vote 5 on this everyday and make it go from a low score to a high score. i just cant stand that sort of thing.

Please do something new, The fan flash's are annoying alot of people.

KILLROY 3 KILLROY 3

Excelent cartoon.

That was so 1337 that i nearly pooped my self and blamed it on you jameson!

Uptown-SlimJim responds:

Well that's just prime

MDay: Dad + Billy MDay: Dad + Billy

Nice...

But it needs more Chad~!

BucketHatBobby responds:

Well, it could use more Chad, but I figured it was already gay enough. Haha.
Thanks for the review.